The Akhelec Modular Contanment Bund with Fire Suppressing System for Electrical Transformers provides an excellent alternative to concrete pits when the ground is unsuitable or when operational deadlines are tight.
It is a modular system consisting of 2, 3 or 4 fire-proof BAF-type bunds connected together to distribute the liquids over the whole of the available capacity.
- Bunds are equipped with an MX® fire extinguishing system that allows the dielectric fluid to flow rapidly into the bund and ensures natural flame extinction.
- The bottom of the bund is fitted with fixed welded legs.
- Hot-dip galvanised steel or stainless steel plate to ensure greater durability.
- Copper or stainless steel grounding lug.
- Full dielectric fluid containment capacity (as per NF C 13 200 standards).
- Sealing system tested and approved by APAVE.
- Bunds tested using the ARDROX 996 P2 dye penetrant test method.
MX® fire extinguishing system composed of factory-assembled galvanised steel baffle plates.
- Drain valve
- Galvanised grid fitted on the fire dampers
- Insulated teflon plates to be placed placed underneath the transformer’s rollers
- FILTRELEC ECODESIGN® filter cartridges
- NoVib vibration damping system
- The BAFX system is delivered with separate bunds ready to be assembled
- The BAF bunds can be quickly assembled to constitute the BAFX® system, and the transformer can then be placed immediately
- Must be mounted on a concrete base slab capable of supporting the weight of the transformers